The perfect choice for annual mason bee raisers! Wood trays are long-lasting, reusable, and easy to open for fall cocoon harvesting. Precision crafted of Pacific Northwest alder, these wood trays are a safe and natural nesting material for bees.
- Wood material provides both insulation and moisture control to protect mason bee cocoons from extreme temperatures and mold caused by excess moisture.
- Wood is a porous material, which captures and retains natural nesting scents and helps to attract next season's bees.
- Reusable wood trays minimize year-to-year costs.
- The front of the trays are lightly burned, creating a visual pattern that helps female mason bees locate their nests and removes splinters that can harm bee’s wings.
- Side notches lock into neighboring trays, retain alignment, and help block pests from entering the nest from the side.
- All wood trays come with removable cardboard backing and pest-blocker fabric to prevent pests and parasites from entering the nest from the back.